Helping You Get Your Movie To The Right Audience
Personalized strategies to help you get your movie released
So you’ve made a movie and you can’t wait to share it with audiences. But you don’t know how to get it out there. Sometimes uploading it on Vimeo or YouTube and hitting just a few festivals simply isn’t enough.
Trying to navigate the film distribution landscape can seem scary and mysterious. But you can have someone who has done it before on your team.
This is where I come in.
My name is Evelyn Lee, and I’m a filmmaker with nearly a decade’s worth of experience under my belt. I’ve worked on projects of various scales in both English and Chinese. I know how to make movies on a shoestring budget with a skeleton crew, and I’ve taken them to festivals worldwide. In 2016, I successfully self-distributed a film into a movie theatre — it went on to qualify for Oscar® consideration. I also have experience dealing with contracts, copyrights and trademarks, budgets and scheduling.
I’m here to help you with 1 on 1 consulting and work with you to figure out the best distribution strategy for your project. I will give you straightforward, no-nonsense, and clear advice on how to tackle your obstacles head-on by sharing my filmmaking experiences, trials and tribulations, and tips. I can also provide help from working through a specific issue, walking through the steps of a particular process, to even guiding you throughout the entirety of your project as a consulting producer. We can tackle your next big project together.
How Does It Work?
You have the option of choosing Hourly Consultations for specific issues and questions pertaining to your project, or to apply for a Project-Based Consultation to devise a strategic distribution plan for the project (you may apply at any stage of production).
What You Get
$200 USD per hour
Tailored consultation that works for you and your project’s needs and is ideal to specific issues and questions. You get a block of time where Evelyn will leverage her skills and experiences to work with you on finding a custom solution for your problem. The conversation is done via Slack messaging. You will be sent a transcript to the conversation as a PDF document afterwards, so you can reference it later and share it with your team.
Place an order using the button below. Once your order is received, we will confirm with you by sending over a calendar invite for you to schedule a date and time. Evelyn is primarily located in EST.
You will be provided with a quote upon acceptance of application
- You will be hiring Evelyn as a Consulting Producer on your project.
- Evelyn will work together with you to create a personalized, in-depth distribution plan tailored to your specific film project.
- Unlimited message Slack support to chat about any and all things relating to the project, the progress, and other details.
- If needed, you will be provided templates for emails and documents related to film distribution. Evelyn might send you the occasional link to blog posts that she finds helpful, too.
- Helpful, non-legal advice pertaining to any contracts and insurance related to film distribution.
- All of our messages transcribed into PDF format for you to keep, so you have lifetime access to them, anytime and anywhere.
- Feedback on your project including its latest cut, score, effects, etc. We are in this 100% together!
- Both short films and feature films are welcome!!
Serious Inquiries Only. Your application will undergo a screening process and is subject to be declined.
This is NOT an application to submit your film for distribution by EL. This is solely a consulting service that helps you devise a distribution strategy.
Have a burning question about what you see here? Get in touch.
Read the Terms & Privacy Conditions.
Please note that in-depth consulting will not be offered for free or via email other than existing public resources such as Medium. Any emails soliciting free in-depth project consultations will be ignored.